Monday, September 15, 2008

9-15-08: Siddhartha Ch. 3 (B Days)

Today our punctual piece was a follow-up on the Umbrella goals you set--or should have set at the beginning of the year. How are your umbrella goals going? Are you improving? If so, why? If not, why not?

Then we read Siddhartha Chapter 3 and filled out the "Help to the Rescue" and the "Symbolic Death and Rebirth" Sections of your Hero's Journey Chart.

Next we talked through the Group presentation assignment and the Rubric You will have the next two class periods to plan with your group and prepare to present. Each member of your group is responsible for reading the chapter connected to your group topic. In addition to reading and helping your group brainstorm ideas you will have one group responsibility: summary writer, copier/material gatherer, lead presenter. I modeled the presentation with a presentation on The Four Noble Truths. You can look at my group planning sheet and my handout as an example.

For Wednesday:
1. Read Siddhartha Chapter 3 if you missed class.
2. Read your group presentation reading assignment (come see me to get this, I can't post it online!)
3. Remember to be reading your outside reading book!
4. Remember your writer's notebook!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Miss Thackery this is Brandon Isom I am Leaving a comment so I can get a grade on my class blog assignment